Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Four Day Weekend

Thanks to Justin and Cathy's wedding in St. Louis on Friday and Memorial Day... I got a four day weekend! Although, there was enough going on during those four days that I didn't necessarily feel refreshed afterwards. There were the eight to nine hours of driving associated with the wedding trip, just to come back in time to give Megan a hand with the barbecue she hosted on Saturday night. Megan did a fantastic job hosting the event and everyone that attended seemed to have a marvelous time. Sunday was barbecue number two for the weekend over at Megan's parents' home. I must admit, it is a real treat to spend time with Megan's parents. Typically, dinner with a significant other's parents (who are potentially future in-laws) can be stressful and tiring... but her family is fantastic - and I actually look forward to going over to their home. I have only been there a few times, but the visits have always been filled with good food and witty conversation. Then, Monday was my third barbecue in three days - this one was at my parents' home. Again, good food and witty conversation always makes for an enjoyable time.

Even though there were three different barbecues over the weekend, all had completely different menus and all were entertaining. All-in-all, it was an event filled weekend... but not terribly relaxing. Actually, there won't be a free weekend in the near future (family coming in to town this weekend and helping a co-worker move the following weekend), so I'd better get some relaxing done during the week... yeah right. Who needs relaxation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Often I consider building a bed under my desk like George Costanza...

Andrew said...

But don't you like your house too much to do that?