Monday, November 19, 2007

Ames

Yes, I took another day off! Mind you, the day off was a Saturday, but it still counts after "the streak". For all of you former Iowa Stater's that are no longer living in Ames, I can pass on the information that Ames is still there! The 18+ hour work day was well worth it to get to catch up with family and friends over the weekend. It's always nice to spend time with people that you don't get to see very often, the only down side is that it makes it much more difficult to leave... and then go back to work.

Every time I visit with my aunt and uncle, I am always motivated to get back in to options trading in the stock market. It would be nice to be less busy so that I could dedicate some time to something other than working in the lab. I find options trading enjoyable because you can get nearly instant gratification. Of course, you can get nearly instant devastation as well, but the risk involved is part of what makes it exciting. Ideally, you research what you are going to do so that you make the best decisions possible so that you end up going in to positions that are much more likely to go the correct direction. Maybe with the holiday coming up, I'll get a chance to do a little research. You did read that correctly, I'm actually going to take some more time off for the holiday - possibly even a four day weekend. What?

One more thing - chocolate covered walnuts are possibly the best thing I have ever tasted. Thank you Grandma!

No comments: