Friday, November 30, 2007

Blurg v. Blerg - The Decisive Answer

So, after another lengthy search, quite similar to the one in yesterday's post, the answer has presented itself. In episode 2 of season 2 of 30 Rock, there was a reference to the Liz's office furniture that was still unassembled. They show a one second clip of the furniture box with the manufacturer name of "blërg" - so technically, both Mike and myself were wrong. But at least there is closure on the subject and everyone will be able to sleep tonight.


5 comments:

Mike said...

Nicely researched, sir. Now I can sleep at night without all that uncertainty hanging over me.

Andrew said...

It's always rewarding to find a decisive conclusion to a debate... even if it is about the correct spelling of a fictitious word.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Cheers, That was a great post, I really liked visiting your site. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to visit weekly.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like commenting on a long dead blog, but I don't think the box actually settles the spelling. IMHO the box is a jab at the names of IKEA furniture, which all have bizzare (to us) Swedish names. The spelling used would fit in nicely and would not necessarily be the "correct" spelling, but rather a corruption used to fit the IKEA joke.